About the project
Working with Derby Museums for several years now, we helped them pivot their original opening plans for the Museum of Making which were delayed by Covid-19, to open their doors in 2021. On the site of the world’s first modern factory, we supported the in-house team to develop a strong narrative about this new Museum, how it is doing things differently, and how it is very much a museum of the future
- Developing clear and consistent messaging and a roadmap to opening
- Identifying milestones and stories – leading and supporting the in-house team
- Working with a wider group of Derby and Derbyshire-wide organisations to position the Museum opening as part of a broader programme of events in the region
- Defining key audiences, launch planning, media targeting and social media support
- Producing a film for the launch, with social media edits, drone footage, b-roll for broadcast media and exterior photos
Our launch PR generated 173 items of quality media coverage including BBC Breakfast and ITV lunchtime news, Daily Star, Daily Mirror, The Sun, Guardian, Observer, FT, Mail Online, Daily and Sunday Telegraph and multiple local print and broadcast pieces. It also featured on the Radio 4 Today programme, BBC Radio Derby and BBC Online and also in blooloop as one of the world’s top 15 museum openings in 2021 along with a whole host of other coverage and features in over 125 publications, online and broadcast.